Saturday 12 January 2013

New Mani

So I just HAD to test out some of the new Sephora by OPI polishes that my wonderful OH brought me back from America. Although there were plenty to choose from, these three caught my eye straight away as I had been trying to find something to wear under my new Cagedbird Nail Lacquer - Electric Angel.

So below you can see the final mani - I had two accent nails - my ring finger has Thyme for a Mani on it, my middle finger has Break a Legwarmer and all my other nails have I Don't Bite. All have two coats apart from Break a Legwarmer which was surprisingly a one-coater! All went on fine with no issues - lovely consistency, good drying time and the brush is nice. They then all have one coat of Electric Angel, and a coat of Rimmel Pro Wear top coat.

Electric Angel is fantastic - Cagedbird Lacquers are one of my favourite indie polishes - they have gorgeous labelling with the dainty white and gold bow sticker with caged bird detail, and clear printed labels. They also have beautiful little bottles with a heavy base so they're less easy to knock over I find :) The consistency is great, and unlike many indie polishes, it is thin enough to brush on like a regular polish. I do dab a little afterwards to move glitters about but there is definitely the right amount of glitter - not too much, not too little and you don't have to fish about for them in the bottle.

Sephora by OPI - I Don't Bite is interesting. In all the photos it appears to be a shimmery purple grey. The bottle also has a purple grey tinge to it. In shade it is much more steel grey, but I love both looks with Electric Angel over it.




If you love Cagedbird Lacquer as much as I do, then her shop is now open - she has also just stocked up with her new Valentine's inspired lines. Take a look - they're so beautiful! All her polishes are 3 Free and are hand mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...