Sunday 1 September 2013

Taras Talons - Polish Club September

Good morning all!

Today I have my very first indie subscription to show you!

Taras Talons recently set up polish club - the first UK indie subscription box. For a small price of £10 a month, you will receive 2 unique polishes, 1 full size (10ml) and 1 mini (5ml). These are like all Taras polishes and will be one offs.





The two I received I was uber pleased with. Theres a story behind one of them, which I'll fill you in on. The mini I received is called Forget Me Not. As soon as I saw this I loved it. More so for the name. September is my 'big Gran's birthday month. She passed away when I was in school - I was about 14/15, so over 10 years ago now. I've always wanted to get a tattoo to remember her by, and as I'm a big scaredy cat, and also because I want something tasteful and small, I decided that when I'm brave enough, I'll get a small forget-me-not in her memory. So of course when this polish arrived I did get a bit of a lump in my throat, but I do only have wonderful memories of my big Gran and wearing this on my nails will only make me think of her and how much I love her more.


Forget Me Not is a beautiful mulberry colour. Its unlike anything I own already and isn't something I would instinctively choose, but it was a lovely colour on my nails. It does look slightly more brown in the photos, but when it hits the light you can see the red tones and the lovely shimmer.



My second polish, the 10ml was a glitter polish. I won't lie, I did initially feel a bit disappointed at a gold glitter. But once I applied it I realised how lovely it was - its not a two dimensional flat gold glitter, but a mix of gold and gold holo hexes and multiple sizes of glitter, so its so sparkly! It transformed Forget Me Not from a classic work-appropriate mani to a beautiful sophisticated special night out mani. The polish is glitter packed, so rather than a full nail, I decided to lightly sponge it on as a glitter gradient. I had no problems with application, the formula was great and no problems getting glitter out. Lovely! Only problem was the dying light, so although you can see tiny flecks of holo, I didnt manage to capture just how sparkly it really was!

I am so happy with this subscription and can't wait for next month. I really think for £10, its a good price for something hand made and unique. 

If you fancy trying Polish Club, you can sign up for it at Taras Talons via Paypal.

What do you think? Did you sign up for polish club? What colours did you get / would you like to see? 

Rachael xxx


3 comments:

  1. Lovely shades - really Autumnal. Tara's polish club is great value!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up! I'd been looking for a "polish box" as opposed to a beauty box and lo and behold I saw this on Facebook. It would have been rude not to really. :) Looking forward to getting my box, it'll be the first Taras polishes I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd much rather give my hard earner dosh to Tara than one of the big beauty subscription box brands. Lovely review

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...